Except for Apple Podcasts (iTunes), Google Play Music, and Google Podcasts, Spotify is probably going one of many subsequent directories that you simply wish to submit your podcast to. Spotify is extra of an up and coming listing, however given their recognition within the music streaming world, their listing is rapidly rising and gaining recognition. Beneath, we have gone by means of the steps for submitting your podcast to Spotify in an effort to enhance your visibility.
Remember the fact that your podcast has to satisfy the next necessities:
- All audio wants be good high quality audio. Spotify requires all audio to be in ISO/IEC 11172-3 MPEG-1 Half 3 (MP3) audio with bitrates between 96 and 320 kbps.
- Episodes can not exceed 200MB in dimension. 200MB is roughly 83 minutes at 320Kbps or over 200 minutes at 128Kbps.
- Podcast paintings should use a sq. (1:1) facet ratio within the highest decision accessible. Accepted codecs embody PNG or JPEG.
- Particular characters, particularly the ampersand (&) character have to be HTML encoded. HTML tags will likely be eliminated by Spotify.
- Client-facing fields such because the episode title shouldn’t exceed 20 characters to make sure a very good match on all Spotify screens.
- All podcast RSS feeds will need to have a title, picture, and at the very least 1 episode to qualify.
Submit your Podcast
- Go to Spotify for Podcasters and log in to your Spotify account, or create one should you do not have already got one. You’ll be able to choose “Log In” or “Get Began” to proceed.
- After you may have logged in, choose “Get Began” on the “Add your podcast” web page.
- If prompted, learn by means of the phrases and circumstances, verify the field, enter your authorized title or LLC, and choose “Proceed.”
- Enter your RSS feed into the offered field and choose “Subsequent.” If there’s something unsuitable together with your RSS feed, there will likely be a immediate beneath the RSS feed field notifying you of the problem. In any other case, your podcast title, paintings, and outline will all seem on the best facet of the web page.
- On the “Add podcast data” web page, choose your nation, language, class, and internet hosting supplier and press “Subsequent.”
- Evaluate your podcast particulars and choose “Submit.”
It could take so long as 2-5 days to seem on Spotify, however most podcasts seem inside only a few hours. Spotify doesn’t contact you when your podcast has been added although, so you will must regulate the Spotify podcast listings your self.
Submitting to Spotify is fast and straightforward now that they’ve opened their listing as much as submissions by means of their portal. You might be additionally nonetheless capable of submit your podcast by means of your internet hosting supplier, so you’ll be able to take a look at your internet hosting supplier’s web site for data on how you can rapidly submit your podcast by means of your host. No matter the way you determine to submit, it is best to positively prioritize submitting to Spotify as a result of they’re clearly up and coming within the podcast world, so the earlier you bounce on board, the higher! Pleased podcasting!
Article Picture: StockSnap by way of Pixabay.