Numerous Home windows 10 customers wish to know tips on how to uninstall Microsoft Edge. Though the revamped Chromium model of the browser is much superior to its predecessor, and a worthy rival to Chrome and Firefox, no one likes having software program pressured on them.
Edge is now tightly built-in with Home windows 10 and cannot be eliminated, very similar to Web Explorer in previous variations of Home windows. Even in case you have Chrome, Firefox, Courageous, Vivaldi, or Opera set as your default browser, Edge nonetheless opens routinely while you carry out sure duties. The actual fact is that Microsoft actually, actually desires you to make use of Edge, so that you’re caught with the browser whether or not you prefer it or not. Or are you?
- Uncover tips on how to take away the Home windows 10 information and climate widget
- Do not miss our information to the most effective laptop computer for the cash
- Chrome vs Firefox vs Edge: which gobbles probably the most RAM?
The excellent news is that it’s potential to uninstall Edge, by utilizing a particular command in Command Immediate. In our information under, we’ll stroll you thru the method of eradicating the browser from Home windows 10, and clarify how to make sure it by no means comes again. Simply bear in mind that the identical trick in Home windows 11 may throw ups some points as Microsoft appears decided to advertise its Edge browser in its newest working system.
However first, we’ll have a look at the best strategy to uninstall Microsoft Edge, simply in case it really works for you.
Easy methods to uninstall Microsoft Edge via Home windows 10 Settings
For those who put in Microsoft Edge by downloading the browser manually, slightly than it putting in routinely via Home windows Replace, you need to be capable of uninstall it utilizing the next easy methodology.
1. Open the Settings app in Home windows 10 by clicking the Begin button and deciding on the gear icon. When the Settings window opens, click on Apps.
2. Within the “Apps & options” window, scroll all the way down to “Microsoft Edge.” Choose that merchandise and click on the Uninstall button. If this button is greyed out, sadly you’re out of luck and might want to use another methodology.
3. For those who’ve put in the Beta, Developer, or Canary model of Edge, you can click on Uninstall to take away this system. Nonetheless, you’ll nonetheless be caught with the newest secure model of Edge.
Easy methods to uninstall Microsoft Edge with Command Immediate
You’ll be able to forcibly uninstall Edge from Home windows 10 via Command Immediate, utilizing the instructions we’ll present under. However first, you will want to seek out out precisely which model of Edge is put in in your PC.
1. Open Edge and click on the three-line button within the top-right nook of the browser. Choose “Assist & suggestions,” then “About Microsoft Edge.”
Make an observation of the model quantity under the browser identify on the prime of the web page, or copy and paste it someplace for reference.
2. Subsequent, open Command Immediate as an administrator. To do that, sort “cmd” within the Home windows search field and choose “Run as administrator” subsequent to Command Immediate on the prime of the outcomes listing.
3. When Command Immediate opens, sort (or copy and paste) the next command, however exchange the “xxx” with the Edge model quantity from step 1, for instance “92.0.902.62.”
Press Enter and Command Immediate will swap to Edge’s Installer folder. Now sort (or copy and paste) the next command:
bnok.vn -uninstall -system-level -verbose-logging -force-uninstall
4. Press Enter and Edge will immediately be uninstalled from Home windows 10, with out you needing to restart your PC.
The browser’s shortcut icon will disappear out of your taskbar, although you should still see an Edge entry within the Begin menu. Nonetheless, this received’t do something when clicked.
Easy methods to uninstall Microsoft Edge: Cease Edge reinstalling
Even after you’ve efficiently uninstalled Microsoft Edge, there’s nonetheless an opportunity it may come again while you set up future Home windows updates. You’ll be able to cease this occurring utilizing a easy registry tweak.
1. Kind “regedit” within the Home windows search field and click on “Run as administrator” subsequent to Registry Editor.
2. When the Registry Editor opens, navigate to the next key, or simply copy and paste it into the Registry Editor deal with bar:
3. Proper-click the Microsoft folder, and choose New, then Key. Identify the important thing “EdgeUpdate” after which right-click it. Choose New, then “DWORD (32-bit) Worth” and name it “DoNotUpdateToEdgeWithChromium.”
4. When you’ve created the brand new DWORD Worth, double-click it to open it and alter its worth to “1.” Click on OK to verify, then exit the Registry Editor.
Your Home windows 10 PC ought to now be utterly freed from Microsoft Edge. For those who determine you need the browser in any case, simply change the worth you created to “0” and obtain Edge from Microsoft.
- Extra: Easy methods to uninstall a Home windows replace
- Easy methods to use Home windows 10 like an professional
- Easy methods to set up Home windows 11 — a step-by-step information
- Learn to flip off Home windows Defender
- Easy methods to disable the pop-up blocker in your browser
- Easy methods to change your default browser on desktop and cell
- Easy methods to change the default browser in Home windows 11